Work Opportunities on Canadian Student Visa
International students, while studying in Canada, can work up to 20 hours per week to meet their living costs. The country offers many part-time employment opportunities in different sectors including hospitality, travel, tourism, Food Service, etc. However, an international student needs to get aware of the requirements and obligations of their visa.
While the international graduates are also allowed to work for 2 years. They can also apply for permanent residency after completing 1 year of working in the Canadian workforce.
Industries Offering Part-time Work in Canada
- Hospitality (Restaurants and cafes)
- Retail (Supermarkets, clothing stores, libraries)
- Tourism (Hotels and Motels)
- Sales and Telemarketing
Canada is popular among international students for many other reasons. This includes:
- Top-notch universities
- Great scholarships
- Internationally recognized degrees
- Opportunity to work after graduation
- Safe Environment
- High Employment rate
- A plethora of leisure options